Kinfolks Knives

Mission

Our mission is very simple: To present and preserve the correct history of Kinfolks; to honor the people involved and the knives they created. Kinfolks was incorporated in Little Valley, New York, on November 4, 1926 by three cousins: Russ Case of WR Case & Sons Cutlery, Tint Champlin of Cattaraugus Cutlery, and Dean J. Case. Construction of the factory began in 1927 while Dean recruited master cutlers. Kinfolks was formed to produce razors and fixed blade knives for both Cutleries. Dean J eventually bought the majority of Kinfolks stock.


Dean J Case passed on in 1951 and, in 1957, Kinfolks was sold to Robeson Cutlery of Perry, NY. Emerson Case, president of Robeson, was Dean J's nephew, and prodigy. The production of Kinfolks products continued in Perry, NY until Emerson’s retirement in 1965.


The book “Kinfolks Knives, A History of Cutlery and Cousins” was inspired by the response of visitors to this web site. It provides additional insight and information about the Case Cousins and their Cutleries for knife collectors and enthusiasts..


Please use the Contact Us form or Blog to share information and tales about Kinfolks and its artisans. We encourage collectors to send pictures and descriptions of their favorite Kinfolks knives. We are currently searching for catalogs and printed materials as well as pictures of the factory and its skilled craftsmen and women.


Good luck collecting,
Dean Elliott Case


spacer
Kinfolks Knives
Visit us on facebook! Become a Fan! - Visit us on facebook! Become a Fan!

© Copyright 2007 - , Kinfolks, Incorporafted. All Rights Reserved
Web development and hosting by NetSenses, Inc.